Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, you are welcome at First Congregational United Church of Christ.
What to Expect When You Visit
We are a friendly congregation and welcome all in a spirit of love. We are interested in worshiping, learning, loving, growing, exploring, serving, supporting, and journeying together. Visitors are not asked to stand or to introduce themselves during the service. There is a "Passing of the Peace" at one point in the service where people in the congregation greet those around them. Ushers will be happy to answer any questions. You will find a welcome table with a person there who will be pleased to walk with you to the nursery, Sunday School rooms, or other areas.
- SERVICE TIME: Our Sunday service begins at 10am. Preschool children may go directly to the nursery or stay with parents. School age children sit with parents until the Children's Message and then are dismissed to Sunday School. Pew packs with crayons, books, and quiet activities are available for children in the back of the church by the main entrance.
- BULLETIN: The church bulletin explains the order of the service and congregational responses. This is also displayed on our wall by projector.
- COMMUNION: Communion is served on the first Sunday of every month. Grape juice is used and gluten free wafers are available. All are welcome.
- ACCESSIBILITY: Hearing assists may be requested from ushers, and a handicap access ramp is located at the Broadway entrance. There is also a handicap accessible rest room.
- FELLOWSHIP: Coffee and rolls, cookies, and bars are served in Ingram Hall following the service. We would be delighted to have you join us after the church service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you an open and affirming church?
We are open to all people, in the spirit of God's word spoken through the prophet Isaiah and affirmed by Jesus: "For my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples" (Isaiah 56:7, Luke 19:46).
Are you handicapped accessible?
We have handicap parking spaces along the street in front of our Broadway Street entrances. A ramp enters into the lobby, with immediate access to the office, the Sanctuary, Ingram Hall (fellowship hall), and the elevator to downstairs. More information is available on our Maps & Directions page.
Is the church available for weddings?
Where are you located?
We are located at 310 Broadway Street (at the intersection of Third Avenue and Broadway Street), near Downtown Eau Claire and Water Street. More information is available on our Map & Directions page.